Driving a car that’s shaking and swaying can be a scary experience. Not only can it make it difficult to control your vehicle, but it can also be a safety hazard. If you’re experiencing this issue, here are a few things you should check to get your car back in good working order:
- Check tire pressure – Low tire pressure can cause your car to shake and sway. Check your tire pressure regularly and make sure it’s at the recommended level for your vehicle. You can find this information either on the driver’s side door panel or in your owner’s manual.
- Inspect the tires – Check your tires for signs of damage, such as cuts or punctures. Also, check for signs of wear and tear, such as uneven tread, which can cause your car to shake while driving. It may be time to invest in new tires.
- Check the suspension – A damaged or worn-out suspension can cause your car to shake while driving. Check the shocks, struts, and other suspension components for signs of damage or wear.
- Check the wheel alignment – Improper wheel alignment can cause your car to shake and swerve. Have your alignment checked regularly and get it adjusted if necessary. If you hear any scraping, whining, or grinding sounds, bring your vehicle to a professional as these are indicators to improper wheel alignment or other issues.
- Check the steering – A loose or worn steering system can also cause your car to shake and swerve. Check the steering system for any signs of damage or wear, such as loose or worn tie rods.
If you’ve checked all of these components and your car is still shaking, it’s important to seek professional help. Who you choose to tow your car is important, and it’s recommended that you choose a reputable towing company, especially if you notice your car is driving differently. At Tim’s Towing & Recovery, our experienced technicians can help diagnose any issues with your car’s suspension, tires, or steering system. If you’re experiencing suspension problems, use Tim’s Towing to transport it to a repair facility. Don’t wait to get it checked out—contact Tim’s Towing & Recovery for professional and reliable assistance today. Our team of experts is available 24/7 to help you with your towing.