Light Duty Towing
Our wheel-lift and flatbed tow trucks are designed to tow light-duty passenger cars and trucks efficiently and damage-free. These tow trucks handle anything from motorcycles to crew cab pickups and large SUVs. Whatever your light-duty towing needs, call us today for a competitive quote or for an immediate tow.
Medium & Heavy Towing
Our medium-duty single-axle tow trucks are great for towing large delivery trucks and single tractor units. Why use a 30- to 50-ton wrecker to tow a 24-foot box truck or smaller motor coach when we have the right equipment for the job? Using the right truck for the vehicle to be towed means greater efficiency and cost savings for us, which we pass on to our customers by offering very competitive rates.
Our 60- and 30-ton tow trucks can handle all of your heavy-duty towing and recovery needs. We tow tractor-trailers, concrete mixers, garbage packers, buses, fire trucks, motor coaches — any size road-legal vehicle is well within our tow truck capacity.
“M.S. Savannah,” our flagship truck, is a 60-ton Century rotator designed for one-lane recovery with minimal lane blockage and a range of other heavy-duty tow and recovery applications. This technology enables our operators to easily and safely tow and/or recover extreme amounts of weight and large vehicles. Our rotator can extract large vehicles from unusual angles and positions without the need for a crane. Tim’s Towing & Recovery Service has extensive experience in rotator use as we were the first towing company to introduce a rotator to the Savannah area in 2001.
Our experienced tow truck operators are trained and certified in areas like air cushion rescue and recovery, so our customers can be assured of safe and professional vehicle recovery and towing.
We are a service provider for Fleet Net, The Towing Network, Volvo Action, KW Premier Care and many other commercial vehicle fleet networks.
Heavy Equipment Transport
Tim’s Towing & Recovery Service’s equipment transport division offers all the resources needed to move any size load. We have five state-of-the-art transport trailers including two detachable trailers, three Landoll heavy vehicle and equipment trailers and a specialized container hauler.
Operating a towing service requires that we transport equipment and vehicles that we recover, so we’re fully prepared for all types of transport. We also have all the lifting equipment needed including our heavy-duty rotator, which can place any size load exactly where we want it on a trailer.
Whatever the weight of your heavy equipment, if it meets the legal limits for us to carry, we can transport it.
Transport services include:
- Heavy equipment transport for all types of heavy machinery and abnormal loads
- Specialized lifting and handling equipment
- Farm equipment transport. Farm equipment can present unique challenges, but we have encountered and overcome them all. Farm machinery haulage is inherently tricky because many of the attachments and machines are irregular shapes and require experience to transport without damaging equipment or compromising public safety.
- Machinery transport. Our machinery-moving service provides a complete relocation for any type of machinery. Unlike other machinery movers who rely on third parties to provide specialized resources, we have our own moving equipment to ensure you experience a trouble-free, end-to-end machinery transport service — from construction to factory machinery.
- Large earth-moving equipment transport